|Scene of shooting at Hampton Walmart|
One 28-year old man was injured in the shooting and treated at a local hospital.
From the article:
At 5:23 p.m., Hampton police began receiving reports of shots fired near the Walmart on Mercury Boulevard and Cunningham Drive.
Officers searched the surrounding area for a possible victim, but no one was found.
At 6:15 p.m., 911 dispatchers in Newport News received a call about a shooting victim in the 800 block of Skelton Way.
Newport News police spokeswoman Holly McPherson said the victim was later transported to a hospital in Newport News. The victim is in stable condition.
According to Hampton police spokesman Jason Price, the shooting involved multiple shots between two individuals. Both suspects fled the scene, but police later located both vehicles.
Police have not found the second gunman.
Now a 31-year old man, Ryan Christopher Fultz, has now been charged for the shooting. From an article:
Ryan Christopher Fultz, a 31-year-old Newport News man, was taken into custody on Sunday and charged with one count of maiming, one count of use ofe a firearm in the commission of a felony, one count of revocation of a suspended sentence and one coutn possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was charged after police received an anonymous Crime Line Tip. He is being held in the Hampton City Jail.
Two other men were also charged in connection following a tactical situation that took place at the Best Western located in the 1800 West Mercury Boulevard last year. But charges against those two men were dropped earlier this year, according to court documents. It was not immediately clear why charges were dropped.
Police said the victim in the case, at the time a 28-year-old Hampton man, was treated and released from the hospital.
Walmart. Save money. Die faster.