Why are there so many shooting incidents and other gun crimes on Walmart property?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Argument leads to fatal shooting outside a Texas Walmart

Occurred December 10, 2014.
Scene of fatal shooting at Stafford Walmart (source)

(UPDATED -- See below)

A man was shopping at a Walmart store in Stafford, Texas, with his wife and young daughter when he got into an argument with another shopper.

The argument continued outside, where the other shopper pulled out a handgun and shot the man in the neck and chest.  The shooter fled, and the victim died at the hospital.

From an article:
Police said the man was shopping with his wife and young daughter when he got into an argument inside the store with another shopper.  
The argument continued outside the store when the other shopper pulled out a gun and shot the man, said police. 
Sources tell Local 2 the man was shot in the neck and chest. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital where he died. 
The shooter fled the scene; police are currently following some leads and reviewing surveillance video to try and get a description of him and his vehicle.
Yvette Gentry was working inside the store when she heard several gunshots.

"I was inside working register seven when I heard three shots and then I saw a guy running in, full of blood,” she said. “When I walked around there was a whole lot of blood right in front of that window. There's a whole lot of blood."
Walmart.  Save money.  Die faster.

UPDATE (12/23/14):   According to another article, the shooting victim has been identified as 35-year-old Christian Eduardo Cardoza.  A 19-year old suspect, Antonio De la Cruz, has been arrested for the shooting.  More details from the article:

Investigators with the Stafford Police Department said that when the Cardoza family left the store De La Cruz and his friends were waiting for them in the parking lot. They began attacking the women and two teens.
Cardoza was waiting in the parking lot for his family. When he saw what was happening, he ran to help.
Police say De La Cruz shot him at least twice as his wife and kids watched in horror.
Cardoza was rushed to Southwest Memorial Hermann but he didn't survive.