Why are there so many shooting incidents and other gun crimes on Walmart property?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Purse-snatcher fires at employees chasing him at Texas Walmart

Occurred January 15, 2014.
Scene of shooting at Spring Branch Walmart (source)


A man grabbed a purse and ran off with it, at a Walmart Neighborhood Market in Spring Branch, Texas.  When Walmart employees gave chase, the man then pulled out a handgun and fired at them.  Luckily, no one was hurt.  The robber got away.

From an article:
The Walmart employees were giving chase when the suspect pulled out a gun and started shooting at them. Luckily, no one was hurt. 
Mary Flanagan was in the store shopping and had no idea what was happening. 
”Oh, I didn’t see that, I just was in there for about 20 or 30 minutes. I’m gonna’ go be very careful. That makes me almost afraid to come up here by myself,” the 85-year-old shopper said. 
Flanagan was nervous, thinking she could’ve been the victim. “Not so easy; I don’t feel good right now. I go in there all the time, but my word. I don’t know what I would’ve done. I would’ve probably given it to them and let him go because I’m scared to death of guns,” she said.
Walmart.  Save money.  Die faster.