Why are there so many shooting incidents and other gun crimes on Walmart property?

Friday, November 21, 2014

Woman robbed in Texas Walmart parking lot by gunman

Occurred November 13, 2014.
Scene of armed robbery at Katy Walmart (screencap source)



Ruben Vela, 25, and his 17-year old girlfriend, Kimberly Martinez, are implicated in a string of armed robberies, holding up women at gunpoint.  One of those robberies occurred in the parking lot of the Walmart store in Katy, Texas.

They have now been captured and are awaiting trial.

From an article:
Harris County Sherriff's Office detectives are also connecting Vela to five other armed robberies. That includes one that happened at the Walmart at Fry Road and I-10 on Thursday around 9 a.m.
"He clicked the gun and pointed it at me like that and said, I'm going to take your purse," said Bina Vora. "The scariest thing I have ever felt in my life."
Bina Vora was putting groceries in her trunk when the gunman crept up from behind.
"I just froze basically when he pointed the gun at me," said Vora.
Vora says the gunman got away with approximately $250 in cash. She also says her debit card was used about 15 minutes after the robbery.
Walmart.  Save money.  Die faster.